Five Reasons to Get a Living Will
A living will — a.k.a. Advance Medical Directive — is a power of attorney that directs your living relatives or beneficiaries to make medical decisions for you in the event you become unable to do so yourself. Typically, living wills are used for the ultimate decision of extraordinary means to extend life.
But why should you get a living will?
1. It is a legally enforceable document that removes all doubt as to your wishes, making it easier for your family to act at an emotionally distressed time.
2. It heads off potential for expensive and exhausting litigation, the Terri Schiavo case being the most extreme example.
3. It gives you peace of mind that your final wishes will be carried out if the unthinkable happens.
4. It gives your friends and family peace of mind knowing that they will not have to agonize over an unthinkable decision.
5. It is inexpensive. You can get one on my online services page.
This blog is an advertisement for the Law Office of Philip R. Yabut, PLLC, and the information in this post is not to be construed as legal advice, nor does reading it form an attorney-client relationship. Please do not post confidential information in the comments section.